Solcon’s HRVS-DN is a high-end, heavy-duty, microprocessor controlled Medium Voltage Soft Starter designed for asynchronous and synchronous motors. The soft starter is optimal for applications that require fluid acceleration/deceleration and elimination of mechanical shocks.
The HRVS-DN has been designed to meet all relevant IEC standards, as well as regulations falling under ISO 9001:2000. The medium and low voltage compartments are completely isolated from each other, and each starter undergoes a partial discharge test as per EN 50178/625.1. Both starting/stopping characteristics are unique and can be supplemented with power factor contactors upstream to the contactor.
In addition to fulfilling primary start/stop requirements, the HRVS-DN comes with patent pending features, including an advanced Electronic Potential Transformer embedded with a fiber optic voltage measurement system. The starter has a wide frequency tracking range of 45–65 Hz. Networks such as ModBus or ProfiBus may be used for communication.
Some of the more advanced features include:
- Dry testing allows relays, lights, and contactors to be tested without mains supply
- Capable of multi-motor starting which saves space, cost, and time
- Multi-voltage starters allow more than one voltage level to be utilized for the same soft starter
- Pump control allows the engineer to select from three voltage curves, thus eliminating over-pressure during starting and water hammer during stopping
- If required, motor insulation protection can also be installed on demand
There are a number of special cabinet designs to choose from, thus fulfilling any need pertaining to a harsh working environment. The soft starter also comes with several optional features including alarms, brushless or brush-type synchronous motor control, analog output, and motor protection relay. Lastly, a Mega Starter version of HRVS-DN is also available that can withstand loads as high as 50MW, with a voltage capacity of 2300–15000 Volts.
With its range of applications, options, and benefits, Solcon’s HRVS-DN soft starter is the ideal solution for motor starting, especially in heavy-duty mills, blowers, compressors, and pumps.
Continue the conversation with ACD!