Don’t fall into the trap of being misconceived about LEDs! You may hear people say, “LED’s cost too...
Life Expectancy of LEDs
As your metal halide and fluorescents burn out, it's a good time to consider switching to LED lighting. Yes, LED bulbs can be quite more expensive than the alternatives, but its impressive lifespan and reduction of maintenance makes LED lighting a very cost-effective solution.
You may be wondering, how long do LEDs last? How do LEDs last so long? Will I have to perform regular maintenance on LEDs? Are LEDs more efficient? These are all excellent questions.
LED lights can deliver the same amount of lighting while consuming 85% less energy, last 10 times longer than a regular incandescent bulb, and are 4x more efficient.
More than a decade of maintenance-free-service.
LEDs can last as much as 20 times longer than other lighting sources, so they don’t need to be replaced often. They are also very durable and not damaged under circumstances a typical light could be damaged. LEDs are designed to provide more than 10 years of maintenance-free-service.
Fun Fact: An LED bulb in a newborn’s room today wouldn’t have to be replaced until the child goes to college.
- Life expectance of either greater than 50,000 or less than 100,000 hours
- Average of 5-10 year warranties
- Significant energy savings
- Available for hazardous locations
- Instant on/off
- Maintenance free
- Resistant to shock and Vibration
- Rebates available
- Mercury Free
- No need to recycle bulbs or ballast
- Minimal heat emitted from fixture
- Typical payback is less than 2 years
You may also be interested in reading:
- 5 Misconceptions about LED Lighting to Brighten you up!
- Energy Savings through LED Lighting [Free Template]
- LED Lighting - Thriving in Cold Temperatures
- LED Lighting Changing the Auto Industry
- LEDs Improve Safety