Compact Hybrid Motor Starters combine relay and semi-conductor technology with integrated electronic overload protection and safe shut down functionality with a width of only 22.5 mm for motors up to 3 horse power.
5 Advantages for Decreasing Panel Size:
- Enclosure cost savings and reducing raw material manufacturing requirements
- Reduced Shipping Costs
- Additional space for future expansions
- Ensuring that the panel will fit into existing locations
- Smaller overall machine design for OEM’s to meet your customer’s specs
Compact Hybrid Motor Starters can provide motor on/off switching, direct and reversing control, over-load protection and safety all contained in a 22.5 x 100 mm device. They can be used in many industrial applications such as pumps, fans, hoists, machine tool, production machines and conveyor technology.
Depending on its function, the compact hybrid motor starter’s footprint can offer a space savings of up to 86% when compared to conventional motor starters, especially when fail safe functionality is a requirement.
- You will no longer need redundant contactors when using the safety versions, another plus for space and money savings.
- Decrease your installation time and labor costs with a common buss bar for line voltage connections of up to 5 starters and device connectors for easy mounting and control voltage connections.
- Fast and efficient commissioning and troubleshooting made possible with the easy to read LED device indicators.
The following motor horse power ratings are currently available for direct and forwarded / reversing applications
- Single Phase - 1/8 to 3/4 HP
- 3 phase - 1/3 to 3 HP
The wide range of over-load settings offer outstanding flexibility in terms of planning, commissioning and redesign. All motor starters are available with the following externally adjustable trip set-points:
- 0.1 to 0.5 Amps
- 0.4 to 2.0 Amps
- 1.6 to 7.0 Amps (AC3); 1.6 to 6.1 Amps (UL)
With the addition of a safety relay you can achieve safe shut-down for a group of motors by connecting the relay output to the device connector achieving simultaneous shut down of all motors for failsafe system safety.
The Compact Motor Starters are available in standard or safety versions that are rated for SIL 3, PLe, Cat 4 and are ATEX certified for motors in explosion proof locations where explosive dusts and gases are present.
Designed to meet your needs for safety and flexibility
Contact us if you are interested in seeing some of the demo units that are available from Siemens for the 3RM1 Compact Hybrid Motor Starter Line and also the Siemens 3SK1 safety relays.