Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Solutions can play a detrimental role in industrial applications, increasing their automation and accuracy. Siemens offers a wide range of RFID solutions fit for industrial use, from mid-range & compact environment to ultra-high-frequency ones.
This is a compact, High Frequency RFID system, and particularly suitable for applications in small assembly lines and intralogistics. The reader follows the ISO 15693 standard, and it can be used with all supporting transponders.
A brief overview of the technical specs is:
- Up to 650nm of read/writre distance
- 13.56 MHz
- RS422, RS232 and I/O Link Interface variants available
- Communicates over PROFIBUS or PROFINET connections
The system is fit for assembly & handling systems, parts identification, conveyer technology, etc. The installation is highly simple, and requires little programming input for implementation, thanks to the S7 software’s ready-to-use functional blocks.
The Simatic RF600 is an ultra-high-frequency RFID system, and records tags with absolute reliability. It can be incorporated within the existing automation system with fluidity, thanks to the RJ45 Ethernet interface and the XML protocol in use. The RF600 has the following to offer:
- PROFINET interface simplifies connection, eliminating the need for extra modules
- An integrated antenna provides variable polarization
- The supported frequency range includes 865 – 928 MHz
- IP65 degree of protection
The system possesses a high level of reliability thanks to the adaptive high-end antenna. The antenna allows simplified project planning, as the polarization no longer need to be taken into account. At the same time, the associated LED display allows fast diagnostics to take place and keep the user up-to-date regarding the error & acquisition status.
The demand for security and classified entry into assembly lines is greatly increasing. Manufacturers are looking for ways to increase traceability within their workplace and one of the best ways to do so is through electronic access management systems.
The Simatic RF1000 is an RFID-based solution that’s designed to allow versatile implementation of an Electronic Access Management System, limiting access to critical areas of the plant floor.
The technical specs are:
- 13.56 MHz operating frequency
- ISO 15693 certified
- USB 2.0 interface
- 3-color LED display for issuing diagnostics
Typical applications of the system are controlled machine access, segregation of different access rights, and traceability within a zone. The overall design is sturdy, while integration into existing infrastructure (HMI panels) is very simple and secure.
Each RFID system requires its transponder to ensure the user’s application runs smoothly. Technical parameters such as read range, temperature, frequency, etc. are decisive while selecting transponders. Siemens has a comprehensive portfolio of transponders that can adapt to every application.
- HF Range Transponders: These are ISO 15693 compliant transponders, compatible with Simatic RF300 systems, as well as the RF200.
- HF Range RF300 Transponders: The RF300 is one of the fastest RFID system in the market, having a read/write speed of 7.8 Kbps. This makes it especially suitable for automation application where a certain productivity threshold needs to be maintained. The transponder fulfills this requirement and provides the necessary bandwidth while offering a 64KB storage capacity.
- UHF Range Transponders: RFID systems in the Ultra High Frequency range have established themselves as a desired utility in the manufacturing industry, especially wherever harsh conditions are involved. UHF RFID systems are bulk capable thanks to their long ranges (8 meters), and can read several transponders in one go.
Interested in learning more about how RFID can improve your operations?
You may also be interested in reading: